Pastor Brent joined the CBC staff as senior pastor in 2016. He and his wife Carissa moved to Virginia Beach from Minneapolis, MN along with their five children: Emma (April 11, 2001), Andrew (December 18, 2002), Eden and Chloe (twins, March 16, 2005), and Levi (August 13, 2008).
Pastor Brent enjoys preaching and teaching God's Word, spending time with his wife and five children, playing golf, and cheering for sports teams from Pittsburgh, PA.
Past Ministry Experiences
- Assistant and interim pastor at Cross Lanes Bible Church in Cross Lanes, West Virginia, and Norway Baptist Church in Norway, Michigan.
- Professor of New Testament at Northland International University while serving as the director of Northland Graduate School in Dunbar, Wisconsin.
- Vice president of administration and provost at Central Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Educational History/Degrees Conferred
- B.A., Northland International University
- M.A., Northland Graduate School
- M.Div., Faith Baptist Theological Seminary
- D.Min., Northland Graduate School
- Ph.D., Ridley College (In-progress)
Reviews and Presentations
- Review of Composite Citations in Antiquity edited by Sean Adams and Seth Ehorn - MSJ 27:1 (2016): 98-102.
- Review of 1 Corinthians (NAC) by Mark Taylor – Themelios 39:2 (Aug 2014): 332-33
- Review of Women, Slaves, and the Gender Debate by Benjamin Reaoch – Themelios 38:2 (July 2013): 285-86
- "Exploring Paul’s Literary Style: Composite Citations of Isaiah 27 & 59 in Rom 11:26–27 & CD 5:12–17" – 2016 – Evangelical Theological Society, San Antonio, TX
- "Paul's Pastoral Use of the Scriptures in 1 Corinthians: A Guide for Pastors as they Minister the Scriptures to their Congregations," D.Min. final project, Northland Graduate School, 2013
- "Paul's Pastoral Use of the Scriptures in 1 Corinthians" – 2013 – William Rice Lecture Series, Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary
- "Who Understands God's Mind? Paul's Use of Isaiah 40:13 in Romans 11:34 and 1 Corinthians 2:16" – 2013 – Midwestern Evangelical Theological Society, Lincoln Christian University
- "Christ's Enemies Under His Feet: Was Paul's Use of Psalm 110 in 1 Corinthians 15:25 Consistent with Its Original Meaning?" – 2012 – Bible Faculty Leadership Summit, Northland International University
- "Paul's Use of the Law in 1 Corinthians 5" – 2012 – Midwestern Evangelical Theological Society, Moody Bible Institute